Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Battery Grip Question

sfb_dot_com

St. Austell, UK
226 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
sfb_dot_com Registered since 23rd Nov 2003
Sun 06-Jul-08 09:29 PM

For me at last the D700 gives almost all of what I want in a camera, so I am putting it at the top of my wishlist, although it may be some time before that wish is fulfilled. One potential problem though is the MBD10 battery grip which I understand is common with the D300. From reading the specs, it doesn't have the voice recording capability of my ancient, but still fully functional D100/MBD100 combo. I use the recording facility a lot when taking plant photographs for identification purposes. That then saves me huge amounts of time later in post-processing. I'm therefore wondering if any of you good folk can confirm or deny this for me. I understand the D3 does have this feature, so I guess a second hand D3 might be a viable alternative if I can get one for a reasonable price.

Thanks in advance

Andy

G