Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 autofocus speed..................

Keaton

Bend, US
11 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Keaton Registered since 15th Nov 2007
Wed 22-Oct-08 10:15 PM

Hello all,

I have been reading this forum for about two weeks now and cant believe how helpful and interesting it has been. Thanks!!!

Anywho......I ordered my D700 the Monday before last....the 13th and have yet to receive it (ups says it should arrive tomorrow). By the way I have had the WORST experience I have ever had with the company that sold me my D700 (purchased on eBay). I have never been lied to so many times by one company. I would love to share their name so no one else has to go through what I have but I do not know the rules on that....let me know if I should say. This is the last time I will every purchase something this expensive on ebay, that's for sure.

Back to the question at hand

I was just wondering what kind of focus speed I can expect from my D700. I own an F5 and a D2Xs. The F5 is, to this day, the fastest auto focusing camera I have ever experienced. The D2Xs is fast but just not F5 fast. With that being said, I have messed around a little with the D300 and was pretty satisfied with the speed...but I have to imagine that the D3 is faster. So where does that leave the D700....will the F5 still reign victorious or will the D700 prevail?

Just curious Thanks for the help

-Keaton

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D700 autofocus speed..................

G