Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

d700 MTP/PTP Tethering issue

StuCorlett

Chiang Mai, TH
13 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
StuCorlett Registered since 19th Oct 2008
Sun 19-Oct-08 07:54 AM | edited Sun 19-Oct-08 07:55 AM by StuCorlett

It seems that Nikon have left the USB option ----> mass storage-----> mtp/ptp out of the setup menu for the d700. This means that the camera cannot be tethered directly to computer hard drive and that only the CF card can be accessed. The camera just acts as a card reader.... Frustrating for customer instant viewing on computer as you shoot. Has anyone found a work around for this, or heard from Nikon regarding a solution?
Using software Nikon transfer as per manual instructions page 238, and no mention of this issue. If I am right, I would say this is not really tethered at all. Or is there something else I am missing compared to the option in the d200/300 and D3 ? Look forward to hearing your comments.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: d700 MTP/PTP Tethering issue
          Reply message TetherPro ?
               Reply message RE: TetherPro ?
     Reply message RE: d700 MTP/PTP Tethering issues

G