Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Function button custom settings

westlight

12 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
westlight Registered since 03rd Sep 2007
Sat 11-Oct-08 04:31 AM

I've just purchased the D700. I miss having the Bracket button that my D2X's have readily available. I understand that I can set the "Function Button" up as the Bracket access button.

Here's where I'm having a problem. I also like the Virtual Horizon feature of the D700, a feature I can see using often with my landscape and seascape images. Reading the manual it seemed like I should be able to use the Function button to access both of these features with the Bracketing function requiring the use of the command and sub command dials. I have not been able to set this up correctly, if it's even possible.

When I try to use the Menu>Custom Setting for the Function button I can set one or the other but not both options but keep getting an error message stating that one or the other of the two available options is not set.

Somehow I would love to have both the bracketing and the virtual horizon features be easily accessed without having to dive deep into the Menu to activate either or both. What am I missing, besides the hair I've dislodged from the top of my head while trying to figure this out. My Nikon FE and a roll of Velvia takes me back to a time when things were a bit simpler, not necessarily better, but..

Thanks for any suggestions.

westlight

www.westlightimages.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Function button custom settings