Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Quick question about rear AF button

Nikon32250

St. Augustine, US
4033 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Nikon32250 Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Mar 2004
Sun 30-Mar-14 04:33 PM

I find myself increasingly using the rear AF button while having the shutter set to release only. My question is how long will the subject remain in focus once I take my finger off the button if I am using the AF-C setting? Lets say that I have focused on the subject using the rear AF button, and they then move. I know that the subject should remain in focus. However, if they are now closer or further away do I need to re-focus or will the camera continue to keep the subject in focus? I assume that after a certain amount of time one has to re-acquire focus, but I don't know how long it takes before I have to touch the rear AF button again.

Graham
From St. Augustine, FL. "I like photographers, you don't ask questions." Ronald Reagan to White House Press Photogs

http://www.ancientcityphotography.com/>

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Quick question about rear AF button