Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

'LOST' RAW FILES ON 16GB CF CARDS

jbk224

Floral Park, US
283 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jbk224 Gold Member Nikonian since 20th Nov 2006
Tue 17-Sep-13 02:42 PM

I just returned from a trip to Turkey and cannot figure out this problem. Using new Sandisk 16GB CF cards. The first card indicates 1 folder(105....) and 958 raw files. The first number starts with JBK_4798. It then switches to DSC_4799 up to DSC4501. There are then 22 files that run from JBK_4502....JBK_4524. Then I checked the time stamp for my pics. I am missing almost 7 hours of pics in this sequencing. I have files just before, and then files after this time warp. I have gone into my CF cards and see that my folder contains both the DSC and JBK files. At no time did my CF card indicate that it was full. The current size of the files on the card with 958 files is 12.1 GB. At no time did the number sequence go to 9999. And if I had taken 999 pictures on the card, what happens when more are taken? I cannot figure out what happened here. Unless there is something I missed, I know that I lost a grouping of pictures. Not the end of the earth, but annoying none the less. Any help is appreciated.
Jon

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: 'LOST' RAW FILES ON 16GB CF CARDS

G