Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

two d700's, different results

cebert

Glencoe, US
292 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
cebert Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Feb 2010
Thu 08-Aug-13 03:39 PM

Hello Everyone,

I have 2 D700 bodies. I shoot primarily sports and operate mostly in manual mode and they work fine. When I shoot outdoors under day light conditions I prefer to shoot in Aperture priority mode becuase the light is constantly changing. I just like to set it and let the camera decide. One of my cameras works fine for this purpose, the other over exposes between 1/3 - 1 stop consistently. It's not bad enough that the shot is ruined most of the time, but it's also frustrating to have to go back and correct blown out shots. I've been through each camera menu by menu and they appear to be configured exactly the same. I can also not use the misbehaving camera with a flash on TTL mode because it over exposes. I've toyed with exposure compensation, but the overexposure results are inconsistent.

All of that being said, I have two questions....
First, I'd really like to do a complete reset of all the settings and configuration on the offending camera. I'm not talking about the two green buttons, I'm talking about fresh from the factory. At this point, I haven't been able to figure out how or if this is possible. I just figured it might get some gremlins out of the camera.
Second, if that doesn't work or isn't possible is this something that a repair center would probably be able to fix?

Regards,
Chris

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."
-Ansel Adams

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: two d700's, different results