Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Buffer Capacity Display

gianni24

Bracciano, IT
15 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
gianni24 Registered since 20th Jun 2013
Wed 17-Jul-13 03:56 PM | edited Wed 17-Jul-13 03:59 PM by gianni24

Hi to everybody,
I got a little problem (maybe my understanding) with the Buffer capacity display on my D700 that's showing in viewfinder and on the top LCD panel.

When I halfpress the shutter release button, accordingly with the manual, the area normally showing the remaining available shots changes to r06 showing that there's room in buffer for 6 shots.

In my camera this number (06) it's not changing, unregarding the image quality selection. If I'll start shooting in Ch mode the number will decrease, until it reaches zero. At that time I'll hear the shutter framerate suddenly decrease, since the buffer it's now emptying as soon as the camera writes to the Compact Flash. Before the rate slowing down the camera can record 15 shot, using Raw quality mode (no jpg).

My firmware: A1.04, B1.03
My CF: Lexar Professional 800x 16Gb UDMA7 (but I've tried with a 300x 8Gb with same results)
Settings: ISO 640, Manual Mode, Manual Focus, 1/8000sec shutter speed...

Active D-Lighting: Auto
Vignette control: N
High ISO NR: Norm
Long exp. NR: On

The situation it's changing if I turn off the image processing features, but I was thinking those was unrelated to the buffer size.
May someone give me some explanations?

Thank You

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Buffer Capacity Display

G