Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

To Self Clean or Not Self Clean - That is the ?? (Sensor that Is)

DinoCardelli

Plantation, US
236 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
DinoCardelli Registered since 19th Oct 2010
Tue 09-Jul-13 10:25 PM | edited Tue 09-Jul-13 10:26 PM by DinoCardelli

Just returned from my local Auth. Nikon Repair Center Southern Photo for a round of sensor cleaning..

Did a beach shoot last weekend and everytime I go to beach, I have it cleaned..no questions asked....

The cost is $50 for full cleaning of the sensor and internal cleaning...it comes back perfect !!!

I've read alot of the various systems....just curious how many here do their own or have it done...I know there are huge risks to damaging the sensor if not cleaned properly.

What are the risks? What are the benefits?

Now, the team at So. Photo are great....walk in service..I dropped it (two (one)D700 and (one) D7K) of them off, went had a coffee at the local cofeee shop, by the time I got back, cleaned and ready to go. I know it's done perfectly, and I feel assured no sensor damage...

Help me to continue this routine or change?

dc

Visit my professional gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: To Self Clean or Not Self Clean - That is the ?? (S...

G