Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

How to make the Fn Button work for Bracketing/HDR

drjh68

Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK
151 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
drjh68 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Oct 2003
Mon 24-Jun-13 03:49 PM

I want to have a go at HDR photography and have been trying, unsuccessfully, to set up my D700 for that. Here is how far I have got:

Quality – TIFF selected (I saw a message saying that Raw cannot be used).
Mode – Aperture Priority
Focus – Single servo AF
Release – Continuous

Then I needed to assign the Fn Button to f.5 >e.5 Auto Bracketing AE Only> Button pressBKT.

Next I had to press on the Fn button and use the rear wheel to get to the small dialogue box to select the No. of shots, and the required spacing between the exposures.

It looked very easy in the picture on p.131 of the D700 manual, but I never got any further than that as whenever I pressed on the Fn and tried to use the rear wheel, that dialogue did not appear.

So it rather looks as if, whatever I did prior to the stoppage, I had not successfully programmed the Fn button trigger the required response.

Any advice gratefully received. I have read all the appropriate references in the Manual and cannot see where I have gone astray.

Many thanks in anticipation!

James
Suffolk UK

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: How to make the Fn Button work for Bracketing/HDR