Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Issue with D700 multi selector

Bob32

Chico, US
5933 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bob32 Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Jul 2007
Thu 21-Feb-13 03:07 PM

I'm extremely happy with my D700 which I have owned and used extensively for four years. At my last shutter actuation count I got a value of nearly 108,000.

I have recently noticed an idiosyncrasy which has me puzzled. I shoot a lot of sports action where I shoot in bursts, and I frequently operate the multi selector on the back of the D700 to review the images I have just shot. Normally I get an instant response, but every now and then when I operate the multi selector nothing happens. Pushing the button in the middle of the multi selector to magnify the image also results in no change. After a few seconds normal operation of the multi selector resumes. It's like the camera is digesting whatever information it has just been fed before it decides to respond. The selector switch works instantly the great majority of the time. I have not been able to discern why the intermittent problem. I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced this issue and has been able to figure out what is going on and whether any remedial action is required other than to wait out the several-second interval until the D700 decides to respond.

Bob

G