Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Help me please...

Partytrooper2

Adelaide, AU
246 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Partytrooper2 Registered since 17th Oct 2008
Wed 20-Feb-13 01:38 AM

Hi I have a D300 and mostly FX lenses, (17-35,24-70, 84 1.4, 70-200) with one DX 70-300. I love taking photos of children etc and sport, mainly equestrian events, the D300 is great for the equestrian events but in poor light struggles sometimes and I hate using it at 800 ISO and above, which I had to quite a bit on a recent trip to India.

I have been hanging out for a D400 for the past year as I want a camera with better ISO capabilities, but so far nothing seems to be on the horizon.

Do you think a D700 would give me enough benefit in the ISO department to make a change? I could buy a D600 or D800, but do not want the mega pixels of the D800 as I shoot in RAW and I am put off buying a D600. I am also worried about camera shake with the D800 as I am now in my 60's...

So I thought a nicely used D700 might be the ticket, ie not very expensive at the moment...

Please could you give me your thoughts..

Thanks.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Help me please...