Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Live View Question

BR

Glen Mills, US
542 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
BR Registered since 17th Nov 2006
Thu 03-Jan-13 12:34 AM

Just received a new (to me) D700. Everything so far seems to check out except - the multi selector functions as expected in all situations except live view, tripod mode. On page 97 of the manual, step # 5 "Check the view in the monitor," it says you can press the zoom button to magnify the view. Then, "While the view from the lens is zoomed in, a navigation window will appear in the bottom right corner of the display. Use the multi selector to scroll to areas of the frame not visible in the monitor."

The view does zoom in and the navigation window displays but the multi selector doesn't move it around. It does move the view around in a zoomed image during normal playback, so hopefully it's just something I'm not doing right, but I can't figure it out.

I notice that the camera is not at the latest firmware level, but the newer firmware doesn't seem to address this issue.

Thanks.

Barry

G