Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Can someone please help me with bracketing.

Bearsmom2

Florence, US
75 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bearsmom2 Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Jul 2012
Sun 30-Dec-12 07:52 PM

I know this will sound incredibly dumb but.... I have gone over the instructions in both the Nikonians instruction manual and the one supplied with the camera.

It seems to take me in circles from this page to one a hundred pages later and then some more later still, then sending me back to some page three hundred previous, and then all I seem to wind up with is how to bracket with a flash.

Here's my problem, about the only thing worth photographing down here in central Texas right now, aside from my critters, is the sunsets and sunrises.

Often they are magnificent, however, I wind up with brilliant skies and totally black landscape or burned out color near the sun and a little color in the lanscape. Id like to try bracketing about three to five stops.

I have my camera all set for the amount of stops and I have it set to continuous slow shutter release, at least I think I do, but I cant for the life of me figure out how to 'trigger' the bracketing. IE: what button do I push to initiate the bracketing when I hit the exposure button.

Can someone please have mercy on me and reduce the six or eight pages in the two manuals to a few simple steps from initial setup to pushing the shutter button in order of importance and function. Just a few words to direct me, go here do this go there do that push this button or whatever and hit the shutter release. Sort of a simple track to follow.

I'm really not stupid but this particular function is driving me crazy
I would be eternally grateful.

Thank you and Happy New Year

P.S. If you are out on the road tonight remember the one thing my dad told me. "I know you know what you are doing, just watch out for what the other guy is doing.

Karen

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Can someone please help me with bracketing.

G