Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Value of a D700?

azphotomac

Dallas, US
36 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
azphotomac Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Sep 2008
Fri 30-Nov-12 12:27 AM

I have a friend of mine who's a Sony shooter. I received an email from her... she's thinking of converting to Nikon, is the D800 worth it?"

Hummmm loaded question, sure I'd love to have one, but considering I already have a D700 is it worth it to me to upgrade or as an additional camera. Anyway I know she shoots weddings and needs that FPS which I've heard the D800 does not possess like the D700. So I suggested a good used D700 might be a better option for her and I might know of a lightly used one for sale hint hint, less than 5K exposures since March of 2010. She's also thinking lenses as she has none that would work effectively. I have 16-35 f/4, 24-70 f/2.8 and 70-200 f/2.8, all purchased with the camera body.

So my question is... whats used equipment worth nowadays specifically the above to a budding Nikonian ex "Sonyite"? If she goes for the whole package I could replace everything again with the D800 (E) as I shoot landscape not needing lots of FPS rates.

Thought appreciated.

Thank you,

Hugh

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Value of a D700?