Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Is it a bad idea to use a generic brand replacement battery?

anikanahmed

London, UK
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
anikanahmed Registered since 17th Oct 2012
Wed 17-Oct-12 09:37 AM

I am looking to buy a new Nikon battery for my D700. I just read somewhere that a replacement generic brand battery can damage the camera. Is that true? I have used original batteries in my camera til now. But I am looking to buy a new one. Even some buyers on amazon have complained that the batteries sold by amazon are Fake. How am I supposed to know and how much should a brand new ENEL3e battery cost? I am confused by the many prices and brands. Energizer does one that is pretty expensive as well. Would that damage my camera?

Please help.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Is it a bad idea to use a generic brand replaceme...

G