Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

17-55/2.8 with D700

f4ier

AU
198 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
f4ier Registered since 19th Nov 2006
Thu 02-Oct-08 11:17 AM

Hi,

I was wondering if owners of both would be kind enough to post sample shots in both FX and DX capture mode. Links to full-size shots would be much appreciated.

TIA!

Isaac

Bit of background:

I had decided to purchase the following in this order:

1. 24-70/2.8
2. 14-24/2.8
3. D700 successor

one at a time so as not to give my credit card a coronary. An FX body is last on my upgrade list because I want a denser sensor (for more cropping headroom) and HD movie recording.

I'll be visiting some friends overseas and one of them wants to buy my only camera, a D80, and this presents a dilema. If he were any other buyer then I'd turn down the offer, but he's a good friend of mine that I'd like to help out because he's very budget-limited.

Here's where I'm stuck... I don't want to replace mine with a D90 because it's got the same number of AF points (I want more). I'd rather not "waste" AU$2100 (US$1650) on a D300 that I know I'll replace with a D700 successor. I only get 5MP through my 17-55/2.8, and no HD video, if I go for the much more expensive D700. Decisions, decisions!

G