Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Manual Mode and using Flash... Setting E6 Question

T_Gordon

Pensacola, US
219 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
T_Gordon Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Apr 2008
Sun 17-Jun-12 11:27 PM

I've been starting to use my off camera flash more here lately and have came across a slight stumbling block. I've searched various forums for several days and have read my Thom Hogan's D700 guide over and over and haven't found what I'm looking for.

Is there anyway to turn off the auto flash bracketing (Custom Setting E6)when you have the camera in manual mode?

I tried taking some self shots right at sunset last weekend and wanted to set the camera up in manual mode to dial in the right exposure but the pesky camera kept changing up my shutter speed at each shot and on top of that the flash was bracketing... needless to say it took me a while to catch on what was happening and was getting frustrated.

Here's a shot from the scenario I was dealing with. I wanted to set the shutter speed faster to darken the background earlier in the evening. I finally got the look below I was after but only well after the sun went down.

G