Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

MB-D10 won't move focus points

morpsmom_2

Weatherford, US
134 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
morpsmom_2 Registered since 14th Jan 2005
Sun 28-Sep-08 05:22 PM

I just bought a D300 and a D700. Along with them I bought the MBD10 battery pack. Because of the weight I was just using it on the D300. When I tried to move the focus point, it would stay in the middle. Once I got it to move to the right and back to the center, but that's all. The rest of the photo shoot was done with my arm reaching as if I didn't have a battery pack, and reminded myself to check it out later.

This morning I tried to figure out why the focus point was not moving. I looked in the camera menu and think I have that set correctly. I made sure it was not in the lock position. I tried all the different settings that I could think of and nothing worked. Since I had only used that particular battery pack, I thought something might be wrong with it, so I opened up the other. The same thing happened. I switched between the D300 and the D700, same thing on both. Batteries are all fully charged, so what gives. There are about two pages in the book. It seems pretty simple, so I'm thinking it has something to do with the camera setting. I just have it set to on for the MB-D10. I thought that meant that it would act just like the focusing controls on the camera.

I didn't have any problems with the battery pack for the D200.

G