Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

How sharp is the 24-120VR/D700 combo?

markscamera

Morristown, US
1614 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
markscamera Registered since 06th Aug 2006
Fri 26-Sep-08 01:12 AM

I already have a 24-120VR which I use mostly with my D1x and D2H and it sees occasional service with my F100. With my dx bodies the lens seems to require more usm to get sharp pictures compared to other lenses I own while it's very sharp when used with my F100. I'm wondering how well the 24-120VR/D700 combo works with a full frame sensor, is it sharp on a fx body compared to a dx body? I'm hoping to get the D700 next month, hopefully in time for fall colors. My plans are to go up to the Smoky mountains and photograph in the Cades Cove and Gatlingburg area with my wide and super wide angle lenses but want to take the 24-120 for handheld shots that may require vr and also for the extra reach. I'm only 1.5 hours from those locations and the D700 would be the perfect camera for those areas this fall.
Mark

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: How sharp is the 24-120VR/D700 combo?
Reply message RE: Trying to answer your question

G