Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Advice Needed: Have D300, upgrade to D700? Feedback from others?

NYTINCUP

US
23 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
NYTINCUP Registered since 23rd Jul 2008
Wed 24-Sep-08 04:31 AM

I have a D300 I bought about 3 months ago.. I alrady have D700 NAS!!
After a long break from photog, I had twin baby boys.. I got a D300 and right back into taking pics daily; took a course, weekly downloads/dumps to friends/family, joined all online groups, etc. I'm hooked!! I am into available light, low lite, portrait, candids, family, general photo, etc. I refuse to use a flash!! I love avail lite pics. But I find myself taking pics above 1600 ISO often, trying to use Noise Ninja to reduce all the noise and blurrs. Not fun. Plus my wife is hypercritical..

However, I am not a pro!! I also do not take pics of landscape or wideangle anything. My first mission is to document my children's lives and ours as we suffer through this all!!!

So, I recently have been thinking about spend some more $$$ on photo stuff. I only use a 50mmf1.4 lens right now. I was thinking of adding an 85mmf1.4, 24/35mm lens, and Expodisc. But now I'm thinking about the D700.. And if I had a D700, 50mm, & 85mm lens I think I would be set for a while. (Until the kids are outside and truly mobile).

Now: Advice Please.. Anyone go from D300 to D700 with feedback?
Am I better off spending the $$$ on more glass and occaions to take pics?

THANK YOU

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Advice Needed: Have D300, upgrade to D700? Feedbac...

G