Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Buy a D700 and need to sell all my digital lens????????

bdphotos

Whittier, US
182 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bdphotos Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Jun 2007
Mon 22-Sep-08 03:51 PM

Hey all!
I was very hyped and excited for the d700. I have a d200 and have been getting a few weddings and events under my belt. The low light capabilities and performance of the d700 is amazing and I thought it would be a perfect upgrade for me. I read the glowing review in Pop Photo magazine......and then I read the end of the review that stated how all digital specific lens would be basically useless with the full frame sensor!!! Down to 5MP! This is depressing to me! I just invested in 2 new lens that I guess I would have to sell or just use on my second body (d200). It's hard enough to talk my wife into the d700 not to mention all new FX lens!! The article said if you have many digital lens you might as well stick with the d300.
My current lens are 18-200VR Nikon, 50 1.8 Nikon, 17-50 2.8 Tamron, and the new 70-200 2.8 Tamron. Buy the d700 and sell lens or buy a d300 and stick with lens???

What you think??

Thanks, BILL

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Buy a D700 and need to sell all my digital lens????...

G