Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Burst mode (CH) problem

rnvanya

Pasadena, US
403 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
rnvanya Registered since 07th Jan 2008
Mon 22-Sep-08 02:57 PM

When I shoot in the Continuous High mode (burst, holding down the shutter release to get a series of action pix), my D700 stops shooting at 3 frames. The burst speed is fine, but the camera will only capture 3 frames and then quits, until I ease up on the shutter release and start shooting again. It used to work just fine -- firing off bursts of 30 and more shots (depending on the image quality settings) in either the CH or the CL mode for as long as I pressed on the shutter release. I think I have somehow got the camera stuck in some strange "bracketing" setting, because the top LCD screen is displaying a BKT symbol that I never noticed before. I tried resetting the shooting and the custom menus, but the BKT is still there and the camera still stops shooting at 3 frames in the CH or the CL mode. I am stumped. Anybody know how to make the BKT go away?

RNV

G