Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 Aperture Lever Bent

NIGELGG

ZA
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
NIGELGG Registered since 13th Sep 2010
Mon 26-Mar-12 05:14 PM

I sent my 1 year old D700 in to Nikon to have the sensor cleaned last month and was told that the aperture lever was bent. I decided not to have it repaired as I thought that the shots I was taking were not affected by it. However, I recently purchased a 400mm 2.8 VR and couldn't get a sharp image out of it, so today took it into Nikon to be tested. While booking it in a fellow Nikonian overheard my issue and suggested that I check that the body aperture lever wasn't bent as he had had many bodies with the same problem. My question is this, why haven't Nikon sorted this out as it is clearly a common problem, particularly as I've hardly used my camera, and what can I do to fix the problem. Can the lever be bent straight or will it break off when I bend it? I suspect that I will have to have the lever replaced.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G