Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

My d200 was stolen so im back on the market...

conrys

US
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
conrys Registered since 16th Sep 2008
Tue 16-Sep-08 08:48 AM

I posted this on another site but i was hoping to get some additional input.

Thanks for any help you guys can lend!

I just recently had my D200 stolen, so now I'm in the market for a new camera. Im not too keen on going for the D300 hundred with new full frame nikons beginning to pop up left and right. Also, high ISO's is going to be key for shooting handrails,pipes, contests, etc., at night. Should be nice for using available light when traveling as well.

From what i can tell the D3 and the D700 are pretty much identical accept for a few small features. I barely have enough for a new D700, but i have just recently come up on a slightly used D3 that has about 4000 clicks and a new warranty card for 3400. I figure i will likely get the grip on the D700 hundred regardless, so now its getting complicated...

I shoot mostly landscape (sunsets, mountains, time lapses), nature, travel and snowboarding. I have done a little portrait and studio work with an ad agency, but am much more focused on the others. I realize i am gonna get an extra frame per second on the D3, but i was hoping i could get some current D3/D700 users take on my situation, as well as the idea of getting a such and expensive camera used.

Thanks a lot! I'm getting stoked just thinking about a new rig (especially one thats such a leap from the D200) right before the season comes.

Cheers
Steve

G