Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

need more speed??

bstimpson

Oswego, US
35 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bstimpson Registered since 05th Jun 2010
Sun 29-Jan-12 10:08 AM

I have a D80 now. im getting very frustrated with how slow it is. the shots per minute and recycle time are way to slow to capture portrait shots of kids.

I try to anticipate the kids facial expressions and time it so i hit the button just before the smile comes and 2 seconds later the shutter trips. i usually miss it. is it just me or something i am doing wrong or is the D80 just really slow to react?

I am aware of proper focus, fast prime 1.8 lens, and even using speedlights, none of that seems to be fast enough.

all of my lenses are FX so im thinking of a D700 and with a possible D800 introduction soon might help me get one for under $2000.

Otherwise I could look at the D7000 but would need at least a wide zoom dx which puts me close to the D700 price.

would these cameras help me shoot faster? I was using iso 200 today while shooting.
when i get proper focus and keep the button down to lock focus recompose and make the final push for shutter trip I want that thing to POP and capture the shot in fractions of the second not 1-2.5 seconds.

so i guess im talking about capture and process speed more so than FPS although more of that will be great also.

what say you?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: need more speed??