Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Is it best to be conservative with in camera sharpening?

glxman

South Australia, AU
6750 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
glxman Moderator Awarded for his high level skills, specially in Wildlife & Landscape Photography Nikonian since 04th Oct 2008
Mon 23-Jan-12 09:55 AM

Reading through jrp's Velvia picture control thread,
He did mention that cranking up the sharpening in camera does loose some data? Surely that would not apply when shooting raw?

What I have been trying to achieve is getting it right straight out of the camera, I have been reasonably successful with this since I have been making minor adjustments to the in camera picture controls, in that adjustment, I have been more aggressive with the sharpening setting as I found I was always adding more PP in CNX2
Regards,
Gary

I used to have a photographic memory but never got it developed

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Is it best to be conservative with in camera sharpe...

G