Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Lack of BKT button on the D700

sabre

Bedfordshire, UK
4611 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
sabre Silver Member Nikonian since 31st Dec 2006
Sat 06-Sep-08 05:07 PM

I have been quite excited by the thought of an 'affordable' FX companion for my beloved D200 (which is DX format of course). So, along came the D700 and the needle on my NASometer hit the top of the scale! I have read the recent test report in Amateur Photographer magazine and I am now really excited about the D700 - BUT I have one small-ish concern...

On my D200 I have a lovely little friend called the BKT button. I take a lot of bracketed shot sets for the purposes of HDR processing. The D200 makes it so easy to setup the bracketing by just pressing the BKT button with the thumb of my left hand while turning the selector wheel with my other hand. I have done it so many times that I now do it without really thinking about the process.

...However, the Amateur Photographer in-depth review states that Nikon has chosen to discard the BKT button from the design of the D700. This is not a show-stopper for me, but it has left me wondering:
1. Why? (any ideas?)
2. Is there actually a bracketing function on the D700?
3. If there is a bracketing function, how is it selected, and is it an quick/easy process?

Steve (Bedfordshire, England)
My Nikonians Gallery- please visit and leave a comment
A Nikon in the hand is worth two in the bag!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Lack of BKT button on the D700

G