Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Shooting models on a platform

ctadin

St Louis, US
1358 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ctadin Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2008
Sat 08-Oct-11 01:14 PM

Hi,
I am going to be shooting a fashion show. The models are breast cancer survivors and instead of them walking on a cat walk, they will be on individual platforms. The platforms are about 2' tall. The room will be dimly lit with spot lights on the models. I'm not sure if the spot lights will be gelled or not. I'll find that out when I go and check out the space the day of the event. My question, should I use spot or center weight metering on the model's faces? I don't want to blow out their faces. I have SB-900's, Nikon 70-200mm 2.8 lens, and Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 lens. I'll also be shooting in RAW.
The client does not care whether I shoot in portrait mode, or, in landscape mode. In other words, they don't care if I shoot full body, or tight.
Any suggestions are helpful because the last time I shot a runway show was when I was still shooting film.
Thanks.

Cheryl

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Shooting models on a platform