Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

metering question

jhpani

Cancun, MX
412 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jhpani Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Feb 2007
Sun 03-Jul-11 04:33 AM

Hello all

I´ve been wondering for a while now with this problem

If I set my d700 to aperture (as I almost always is set) sometimes there are HUGE differences in two or more images while shooting a slow or fast burst (CL or CH)

At first I thought that it was me. then I started being more careful, then while reviewing some images a few moments ago, I found these two shots..

both shots are with the same settings, the same everything, but for two things, first, the focal length is a slight wider in the slower, thus brighter one shot at 18mm and the first one shot around 30 seconds earlier was shot at 24mm

why does the metering unit takes a so wide range when the metering is set to spot and the spot it is "looking" at is not changing that much? (at least to my eyes)

any help...appreciated...
here are the images

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)

Humberto´s, proud nikonian in Cancun, Mexico

"The important thing is never to stop questioning."~Albert Einstein

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."~Yoda

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: metering question

G