Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 Portraits Too Sharp!

dkents

Newport Beach, US
11 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dkents Registered since 10th Jul 2008
Mon 01-Sep-08 01:08 AM

I'm using a 24-70mm F2.8 lens on my D700. While I very much appreciate the sharp images this camera and lens produce, I find that, at times, portrait shots have too much detail. Sometimes I would like to shoot portraits that do not show every line, hair, or blemish on the skin. Is there a setting on the D700 that will soften images like these? Is there anything in post production retouch that I can use to soften an image I've already taken. I can't find anything in the manual or in the camera.

If there isn't any way to do this in the camera, which would be my preference, I've recently purchased Photoshop CS3 but know nothing about it. I imagine what I'm trying to accomplish can be done in Photoshop...it almost should be illegal what you can do with Photoshop. Can any of you give me some tips on how to soften an image using PS CS3? Thanks in advance for your help.

Kent
Newport Beach, CA

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D700 Portraits Too Sharp!

G