Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Re: AF/ON button and Live View

westacott

Coleraine., UK
175 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
westacott Registered since 22nd Dec 2005
Mon 09-May-11 02:53 PM

Hi,
I just last week took delivery of a D700 and am currently going through the menus/manual etc. and I was wondering what the drill was/is when taking a capture using live view on a tripod and when you have the AF/On button set on the camera for focusing release. I have never used live view, as my previous camera was a D2Xs and did not have it, so I was thinking of trying it out on my next visit to the coast to take some coastal landscape images. I`m told it is supposed to be very good for setting critical focusing etc.

If there is anyone on here who shoots landscapes and uses the live view mode as part of their drill/setup on a regular basis I would be pleased to hear from them as to how they go about it and what merits they see in using it as opposed to what I would class as my normal setup of using Aperture Priority etc, for my landscape work.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this.

Ian

What you see depends on what you`re looking for. - Unknown

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Re: AF/ON button and Live View