Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

"Tight" lens mount

tdtaylor

Lutherville, US
195 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
tdtaylor Registered since 03rd Jan 2008
Thu 28-Aug-08 11:17 PM

I received my D700 several days ago, and most of my lenses are tight when attaching and turning them to mount. It is not really a big problem, but the last 1/8 turn if very "snug," although not enough force to break or stress any parts.

None of the other cameras I have or had, the D40, D200, D300 or D3 have had this issue. In fact, I have been concerned in the past that my 200-400 mounted loosely- not an issue now.

Should I be concerned? This is a new issue I have never had to confront. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Terry
Nikonian in Maryland

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: "Tight" lens mount
     Reply message RE: "Tight" lens mount- dropped camera-end to the saga

G