Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What a digital camera should be!

olivierrychner

Boudry, CH
5255 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005
Fri 04-Mar-11 05:31 AM

Took the kids to the zoo yesterday. Of course, I decided not to be content with the compact LX3, and opted for the D700. For the train trip, I attached the 18-200, with good results.

And in the zoo itself, I used the 80-400VR. But it's not that I wanted to write about: when we arrived, I used AUTO ISO for the first time in my life, 200-6400, minimum speed 1/250. And I am quite happy about the results, even in JPEG (I limited myself to it, I don't see how or when I could PP 300 images ). That is what I have always expected from a digital camera, but on D200 and D70, the ISO above 800 or 400 were not good enough, while on the D300, they are quite usable up to 1600 but I had never thought of using them!

End of my little morning bewilderment!

Olivier Rychner

Auta i lomë! And my Nikon's only awaiting daylight...

G