Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 Newbie looking for pointers

Ricechex75

Parkersburg, US
46 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Ricechex75 Basic Member
Thu 28-Aug-08 02:12 AM

D700 is on its way to my door and should arrive tomorrow. (shhh...don't tell my wife!) I'm upgrading from a D70 so, needless to say, this camera comes with a few more bells/whistles than my old camera. This is an opportunity for you seasoned D700 users to chime in with your sage advice. Aside from running out to take pictures as soon as possible, are there any tips that this amateur newbie might benefit from? I enjoyed Ken Rockwell's discussion of D700 AF modes, which should be enough to get me started with the high-tech 51-point AF system. Does anyone recommend specific accessories or other custom settings that I might benefit from? The camera is probably new enough that a good D700 book hasn't been released yet, but a reference book would be nice if there is a recommendation.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D700 Newbie looking for pointers

G