Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New D700 with dust inside

shinshonikon

Tallahassee, US
69 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
shinshonikon Registered since 06th Mar 2010
Tue 15-Feb-11 12:19 AM

Hello all!

I purchased my D700 a month ago. Yesterday as I'm looking at a landscape image with nice blue skies I notice at least 5 specs from sensor dust. I haven't been able to do a lot of shooting and don't have suitable photos from all the ones I've shot to check for dust spots. I don't think I've introduced all this dust (but who knows) as my D200 has gotten as much or more since I got the D700. I've never had this much dust at one time in the D200.

My question is has anyone received a new D700 which had dust from the beginning?

I've got the sensor cleaning swabs, cleaner, and Riotti blower and have ordered a loupe and a cleaning brush as well. Hopefully it will solve my problems, but am wondering whether it's possible that the camera came with the dust bunnies free of charge.

thanks,
Mark

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New D700 with dust inside

G