Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Anybody fine tuned their D700 picture styles

Chris P

Reading, UK
137 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Chris P Registered since 03rd Apr 2007
Tue 26-Aug-08 06:20 PM

Two weeks ago I managed to get rainwater in the prism housing of my Fuji S5 in a freak accident and of course it died. Given that a new one can be bought for £500, I thought Fuji's repair estimate of £639 was a bit steep and, as it is now almost certain that the S5 is the last Fuji slr, I went to look at a D300 as a replacement. While in the shop I was silly enough lto say yes when offerred a look at the new D700, one look through the viewfinder was enough to sell me the camera and I now own a D700.

To get to the point of this post, there are two things I am going to miss about the S5, apart from the dynamic range which I know nothing can be done about; they are the skin tones when using menu setting F1b and the Velvia look when using menu setting F2.

Has anyone got a modification of the picture styles on the D700 which goes at least some way to reproducing the 'Fuji Look' of skin tones and Velvia. Also I understand that Nikon has added to the range of picture styles, one of which is called portrait, where do I get these and how do I get them into the D700?

Chris P

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Anybody fine tuned their D700 picture styles

G