Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Follow Up to a Question of Utility

robsb

San Jose, US
14834 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006
Fri 17-Dec-10 05:33 PM

Since so many of you gave me such great advice as to what to do with my D200 which I had for sale, I thought I would tell you how it finally ended. Based upon the advice I received, I decided I would continue to try to sell my camera body until I reached a price of $500, as that would have netted me about $450 after fees and shipping. Well I continued to lower my price in increments of about $25 until that price was reached. While I had over 650 people look at my offer, and did sell my 12-24 and my D200 lens plate, no one seemed interested in the D200. So today I removed it from sale as I had already decided the camera had more utility to me at a net $450 than any further lowering of the price would bring. So the camera will go back to its place in my camera cabinet and I may start trying to see what situations I might actually be willing to use it instead of the D700 or in conjunction with it. Your advice made the decision much easier and I am at peace with the whole issue.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!
Old age is a special gift that very few receive. Be thankful if you get it.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Follow Up to a Question of Utility
                         Reply message BRE: Follow Up to a Question of Utility

G