Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Spot in viewfinder

drobin3

US
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
drobin3 Registered since 23rd Aug 2008
Sun 24-Aug-08 05:09 AM

I recently received my D700, MB-D10, En-el4a and 24-70 f2.8 lens. After attaching everything, I was looking through the viewfinder to adjust the viewfinder focus and noticed there was a spot near the lower right corner. At first glance I thought it was a spot of dirt. But after considering the camera was literally brand new, I thought maybe it was some excess "material," which was on the mirror or prism. Needless to say I was a bit disappointed. I emailed my problem to Nikon tech support and received a response that I should remove the lens and see if the spot is still there. I did, and in fact it was still there. Support give me two options, (1) return the camera to where I purchased it (which was on the east coast) or (2) ship it to Nikon's Service Center. Not satisfied with the response I called tech support for live feedback. The tech agreed with me that whatever the material on the viewfinder was, it was probably on the prism or the mirror and would not have any impact on the images I take. This naturally, was after taking the lens off. Does anyone have a different point of view on this?

If this "spot" doesn't affect anything then I will probably just ignore it rather than go through the hassle of returning it or shipping it back to Nikon's Service Center.

Thanks much!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Spot in viewfinder

G