Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

A question of utility.

This topic is locked. This message is locked.
robsb

San Jose, US
14841 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006
Sat 04-Dec-10 02:28 AM

Before I got my D700 almost 2 years ago, I had a D200 and all the old MF lenses from my F3HP before it. I only bought one DX lens and the rest of the lenses I purchased were FX lenses, so when I decided to buy a D700, I was essentially set and didn't have to go through the agony of getting rid of a bunch of DX lenses. I kept my D200 and 12-24 DX lens thinking I would use them and at least have a ready backup. Well after two years of not using them I put the D200 and the 12-24 up for sale on the Nikonians forum and figuring in the mint condition my stuff was in I tried to price them fairly, considering the cost of shipping and PayPal fees I was absorbing. Well I sold the 12-24 within a week, but my very low actuation (8193 clicks) Mint D200 with all accessories and original box is still for sale at $610. So here is my dilemma, assuming that I won't get my asking price, no matter how fair I think it is, how low do I go before I just say heck this camera is worth more to me as a backup or for use shooting wildlife than the price I can get for it, realizing that my history so far is that I always reach for the D700 and not the D200? This may not be the best place for this post, but since we all are D700 owners and most have moved from a DX camera and either kept the old one or sold it, I figured I would get the best answers here. From a financial standpoint, keeping the camera would not be a hardship, although I had decided to sell the stuff to finance a new 24-120 lens, but it is a matter of utility and what would the market bear. What would you do?

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!
Old age is a special gift that very few receive. Be thankful if you get it.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: A question of utility.

G