Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

The D700, An Affordable Full-Frame

pqtrths

Roseville, CA, US
1008 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pqtrths Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 02nd May 2007
Sun 17-Aug-08 10:57 PM

Good Afternoon:

Some time ago in the D200 or the D300 forum, I posted a question as wheteher Nikon would ever release a full-frame DSLR that would bridge the gap between the D3 and the D300 and would compete with the Canon EOS 5D. Yesterday, I saw and purchased the latest copy of Popular Photography and its here, the D700. I should have checked here first..... Oh well.....

I'm going to have it go through at least two production cycles and then I'm purchasing one. This will be it! My last camera. The price isn't cheep but something that I can do be trading the D200 body. (I can still remember paying $800.00 for my F3 body and something like $1,600.00 for my F4E.) It begs the question of what I can do if I can do anything with the film cameras. That F3 was my first professional grade SLR and has about 40,000 slides to its credit. But I ahven't run a photo through for at least two years now.

The long term goal is an SB-800 flash, then a 24mm/70mm f2.8 zoom, then the D700. After that it's a question of which manual focus lenses I keep.

Marion

G