Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
aztwang

Avondale, US
408 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
aztwang Gold Member Nikonian since 17th Dec 2009
Fri 02-Jul-10 04:51 AM

Hello eveeryone. Here is my dilema. I currently shoot with a D700. Football season is round the corner ( my first season shooting night football) and I would like to have a reach of aproximatley 300 mm. Here are my choices:

1- Shoot with my current D700 and my 70-200 2.8 VRII with a 1.4 teleconverter..yields 280mm, F4

2- Buy a D300 and use my 70-200..yields 350mm F2.8

I realize I would have to bump my ISO on option 1 to achieve option 2 settings. But If I do so will the D700 High ISO capabilities give me the same IQ as option 2 at the higher ISO? I obviously looked at buying a 300mm 2.8 but to get the correct version I would have to fork out 3000-3500 which is not feasable right now. I must admit option 2 looks good as it would be nice to have fast 350mm glass and a extra body would be nice in the future, but I REALLY love my D700 and its capabilities. Any and all replys would be greatly appreciated.

"Technical aspects MUST be innate"

Visit my website: phxsports.net

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New body dilema