Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Two-button function for formatting CF cards doesn't work--why not?

rachel2010

US
6 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
rachel2010 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Feb 2010
Mon 24-May-10 05:01 PM

I had this problem (off & on) with my D200, and when I got my D700 a few months ago, I thought the problem would go away. I realize that I can format my cards by going into the menu; however, I would prefer to use this method---IF IT WOULD ONLY WORK! Since I got my D700, this function worked once, and hasn't since.

What I can't figure out is whether the problem is with the Camera, the CF card(s), or with the User (Me). I called Nikon and the rep told me (a little rudely) that I was "doing it wrong". How does one hold down two buttons, simultaneously, wrong??? The word "For" is supposed to appear after about 2 seconds and then blink; at that point I'm supposed to press the two buttons (trash & mode) again to activate the formatting.

Has anyone else had the same problem? If so, have you figured out where the problem lies, or a solution (other than going to the menu to format)?

Thanks!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Two-button function for formatting CF cards doesn't...

G