Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
moosespop

toledo, US
192 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
moosespop Registered since 13th Apr 2009
Thu 20-May-10 12:26 PM

Quick background. In early March my house was burlarized and my D700 and other equipment was stolen. Had insurance and by the end of March had my new D700. So I have some experience with the camera. And anytime there has been a problem It's been my fault and with a little patience I've figured it out. Until yesterday.

On both of my cameras (past and present) when the camera is turned on, the control panel has gone blank,except for exposures remaining, after a period of inactivity. Yesterday the part of the control panel displaying shutter speed, fstop, and the electronic analog exposure display go blank leaving the rest of the display visible. The camera appears to be working correctly except for this abnormal behavior. I think I've tried everything but please offer any suggestions. I know this isn't a huge thing but usually things don't change without a reason unless there is a problem. I may have to call nikon but alot of times your responses to others have been clearer than some past conversations I've had with them.

Thanks,
Rick

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: A problem?

G