Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D700 Screen Failure

jonnyweston

UK
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jonnyweston Registered since 16th May 2010
Sun 16-May-10 09:41 AM

Hey Guys,

I really need your assistance here.
My Nikon D700 just crapped itself on me last sunday morning in church.

Basically the camera when I turned it on it would turn on and take shots no worries at all, but the LCD would not activate.
Currently the LCD looks like a greyish black colour and has horizontal lines going across the unit, and another more consistent line about 4mm in from the left hand side is prevalent.

So it shoots fine (checked memory card for shots) but will not preview or allow access to menu.

I bought this from a guy that got this replaced by his insurance company about 6 weeks ago but unfortunately we do not have the original receipts (they were not supplied by the insurance company), but I know that calumet supplied the camera.. their sticker is on the side of the box.

The camera has now been sent to Nikon UK for an examination / repair, but strangely when the unit was initially examined/opened from the box - Nikon reported that the pins in the card slot were both bent and some missing... WTF??? The camera was only a few weeks old, and I myself since unsealing the box have only ever once used a 16gb card in the camera. I put it in - and always used the built in card reader/usb port for convenience. The card was put in once... and removed once... only when I had to remove it - to send it to nikon.
I wonder are nikon trying to pull my leg here??

Nikon i think are planning on replacing the TFT - but I have not had this confirmed yet.

Any advice guys on how I should handle this?? There's a video up on youtube
http://www.flickr.com/groups/nikond700/discuss/72157623900767049/FAULTY%20D700

thanks

Jonny

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D700 Screen Failure