Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Getting D700 as 1st camera. But I have questions for the PROS

41cassis14

Chesaning, US
71 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
41cassis14 Registered since 15th Dec 2005
Mon 05-Apr-10 09:02 AM

Within a couple weeks I will be ordering a d700. It was recommended by you guys as the best full frame so there you go. My D200 will be the backup. Now that's funny. Because I still don't have a comfortable relationship with 200. Anyway here are the questions.

1. Is getting a D700 refurb from say Cameta a good idea? I got the 200 that way with only like 250 its on it and except for user error it has worked fine.
2. When shooting RAW, I always get some other non image file which comes with the RAW image. What the heck are they?
3. In June I will be shooting a calendar with local gals shooting in a renaissance tip. Of the 16 girls, probably six have really bad hair. I want to keep it long for my boyfriend is about the lamest excuse for keeping five inches of dead non-reflective hair ever. However I was wondering what you say when you are confronted by this. I live in the sticks and I will need to send them to a city nearby as the "stylists" here have everyone looking identical no matter what.
4. I need opinions on the perfect portable case or two. What I mean by that is in one case is the D200 and the D700, lenses, a few accessories. The second is for lighting and such. I am asking for opinions on how you set up your cases and what they have in them. Thanks
4. Finally, does anyone still use umbrellas in the studio or is everyone now using boxes? Also as an adjunct question, What is max power on your studio heads. 600, 800- 1600? Thinking about a couple of 600s and 1ea 800 and 1600 to take in the field. Thanks all sorry about the length. Everything is hitting at the same time.
Lar d'Fotog

G