Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 "Err" message

gqtuazon

FPO, US
644 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
gqtuazon Registered since 18th Nov 2009
Sun 24-Jan-10 01:08 PM

I'm trying to research to find out what would have caused my camera to display the "Err" message on the top LCD. Camera and lens are fairly new using the 70-300mm VR, A mode, CL on shutter. The "Err" cleared within 15 minutes after I noticed the err message. It work just fine after the Err cleared. The only situation that I think it could have caused this issue was when I got so excited and started to shoot a lot of the "black Kite" birds around me which I have posted on my gallery. Anyway, I think the buffer on my CF card probably was not able to catch up after continuously shooting over 200 Large, Fine Jpegs. It didn't clear right away even after trying other modes, turning off the camera, removing the battery, nor re-inserting the CF card. For now I'll blame it on my slower CF card which was a Lexar Pro 233X. I'm using the 300X now which was one of the recommended CF cards on the manual. I've reformatted the card and both CF cards and camera works perfectly. I just wanted to share this info with you and hope to get some feedbacks. Thanks.

G