Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Question re D700 focus point

Bob32

Chico, US
5936 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bob32 Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Jul 2007
Sun 10-Jan-10 02:45 PM

I photograph a lot of low-light sports action--primarily basketball--with my D700, using AF-C, Dynamic AF area (9 point). When I press the shutter release button half-way the perimeter of the focus point momentarily turns red which helps greatly in locating the focus point in the viewfinder. However, it quickly turns black again which makes it difficult, if not impossible, to locate it if I am trying to acquire focus on something dark like player's dark uniform for example. Is there any way to adjust the camera so that the perimeter of the focus point remains red as long as the shutter release button is pressed half-way? If so, it would greatly help in reducing the percentage of my shots that are out-of-focus!

Bob

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Question re D700 focus point