Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Re: Issue with short AA NiMH battery life in MBD10/D700 resolved short AA NiMH battery life

bsheets

US
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bsheets Registered since 23rd Sep 2009
Tue 29-Dec-09 04:57 PM

First, thanks to all who replied to my previous post. I was not doing anything in error, as a talk with Nikon Tech Support revealed. Although not common, they had seen this problem and advised me to try to get the dealer to send a replacement MBD10, or else they would repair it under warranty. Evidently the low battery signal comes from the grip and is erroneous. Having had a Nikon FM2N, F5, D100, D200, and a number of Nikon lenses, in 15 years I had never had to get anything repaired by them yet. As I bought my MBD10 from B&H photo in NY City, there was no problem getting an RMA to exchange the MBD10 for another one. I had been a customer of B&H since the 1970s when they were a little store on Warren Street in lower Manhattan. B&H has always been great to do business with, never had any problems. Hopefully this will resolve this issue

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G