Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikonians Academy-D700 Workshop Review

jbk224

Floral Park, US
283 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jbk224 Gold Member Nikonian since 20th Nov 2006
Sat 17-Oct-09 02:18 AM | edited Sat 17-Oct-09 02:58 AM by jbk224

I recently had the good fortune to attend one of Mike Hagen's workshops on the D700 in the NY metro area. We started at 8:00 AM and "worked" through the day until 5:00 PM. We covered most important aspects of the D700, and those things that most of us are interested understanding with the help of an expert. Mike was the star. His love for what he does and desire to impart that knowledge to others made this special. He was (is) more excited about what can be done with our equipment than most of us in the workshop. The gems came from the interaction with our group. Even the pros in the workshop came away with something new and informative.
Of course, the success of a workshop is also based upon the mix of the group and their level of experience and familiarity with the equipment. Therefore, I suggest that anyone interested in attending a workshop like this one; try their best to fully understand the workings of the camera's operation, set up, and practical use. This will enable Mike to better help the workshop members learn how to use the equipment in a way that enhances each's photographic skills. I know that my index finger will rest more at the expense of my thumb!
Now on to the next Nikonians workshop.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikonians Academy-D700 Workshop Review